Senior UX Designer - Manchester (Hybrid) £60k- £70k
Posted on Nov 18, 2022 by Lorien
Senior UX Designer - Manchester (Hybrid Remote) £60k - £70k + bonus
This is an excellent opportunity to take ownership of the complete end-to-end UX design for a set of products that have tens of millions of users and growing by 300k a month.
Based in Manchester City Centre with hybrid remote working and flexible working hours, this position is paying between £60k and £70k per annum + bonus.
Working closely with a highly skilled and experienced Head of Product (who also happens to be one of the nicest people I have ever met), you will be joining the company at a very exciting stage as they are overhauling the look and feel of their existing flagship software products and launching a number of brand-new ones. You will be taking ownership of the full stack UX design from conception to delivery including research, wireframing, prototyping, and hands-on design of simple and intuitive experiences.
- Develop a deep understanding technical end users and create user personas and help build products that satisfy the jobs they are trying to do, with a lean mindset where possible.
- Help solve problems making the complex, simple.
- Design navigation flows taking functional requirements and turn them into simple user journeys
- Help develop our understanding of the customer and problem,
- Design and facilitate workshops to encourage collaborative ownership of problems and defining collective plans of action
- Continuously look for ways to improve the user experience and create more value for the business
- Leverage honest feedback - welcoming discussion leading to iterative design based on data and feedback
- Annual Bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid remote working (2-3 days a week in office)
- 9 % pension contribution from the company
- Non-contributory Life Assurance Scheme
- 25 days annual leave entitlement plus 8 public holidays
- Funded training and development
Founded in 2006, with offices in Manchester, London and Denver, Colorado, this software company has created a suite of their own data backup and disaster recovery products that are used by over 10 million customers worldwide, ranging from large multinationals and small businesses, through to individual home users.
- 4+ years' experience as a UX or Product Designer with a portfolio that demonstrates thoughtful, impactful work
- Willingness and ability to engage with engineers about how stuff works. If you can develop an appreciate how things work, so you can maximise the experience!
- Demonstrated design acumen
- Ability to iterate quickly, based on data/feedback, and your recommendations tell the story of the customer experience we are delivering
- Experience running UX/UI projects from initiation to delivery
- Experience using Figma (or similar) to wireframe, design and create prototypes
- Experience performing competitor and user research/rapid feedback techniques
- Experience working on any subscription-based (SaaS) or technical software.
- Understanding of design systems and pattern libraries; or familiarity with Windows based UI design
- Experience in Customer Journey Maps, JTBD, or Design Sprints would be great but if you don't have it, here's your chance to learn.
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.