Senior Network Architect
Posted on Nov 18, 2022 by Sanderson Government & Defence
At DXC, one of our Platinum accounts has an opening for a hybrid working Network Architect. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who will have proven hands-on experience in an engineering background specialising in Software Defined Networking in a DC environment.
As a Network Architect you should be passionate about conceptualising, designing, and resolving architectural problems and be able to switch between system design/architecture, hands on development, implementation, and client engagement activities.
Brief Overview of responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Account Solution Architect to design, and implement innovative approaches to their problems and challenges
- Have a deep technical understanding to support engineers in the build and development of POC's and have a hands-on approach to designing and implementing solutions which have high availability, achieve performance metrics and are scalable
- Helping to shape, evolve and document the architecture that underpins the existing platforms and services and lead their on-going transition from Legacy systems to cloud based architectures.
- Interacting with project roles as required, to gain an understanding of the complex business environment, technical context, end client requirements and organisational strategic direction.
- Advising our customer on the latest technologies and methodologies
- Enthusiasm for collaboration and excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- An interest in keeping up with emerging tools, techniques, and technologies
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- A flexible and Agile way of working within a fast paced and ever changing environment.
- Attention to detail with a pragmatic and enthusiastic attitude to work
- Demonstrates a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and tenacity to achieve a positive result
- Is a self-starter, overcomes obstacles and is driven to succeed
- Works well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Rapid adaptability in terms of technology and approach are key
We believe that hiring a diverse team is crucial to our success and our recruiting decisions are based on your skills and experience as an individual. We actively encourage consistent growth on our journey towards a culture of inclusion and recognise that the people we employ are vital to providing a great customer experience. As such, we have a variety of training, support, and tools available to aid in your continual personal and professional development. Our ongoing goal is to drive innovation and modernise operations across the board, which includes furthering the skills of our colleagues. At DXC, building a better you, builds a better us.