Process Engineering Manager
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Nigel Wright
Nigel Wright's Engineering and Manufacturing Division is working with a highly successful global manufacturing business to recruit a Process Engineering Manager. They are expanding their North East site and have created this new role to support their existing Engineering department.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, responsibilities include:
- Providing appropriate development, training and coaching to build an effective high performing team.
- Plan, prepare and manage process optimization and improvement projects.
- Maintain communication with the project stakeholders to ensure the completion of project activities, evaluating the effectiveness of implementation.
- Implement and facilitate the use of appropriate process improvement tools & techniques to resolve technical issues at their root cause wherever possible in order to meet or exceed the performance and quality requirements of the business.
- Implement & manage equipment & process improvements / controls in line with the business plan to meet or exceed the performance and quality requirements of the business.
- Lead the work of teams and individuals in line with objectives.
The successful candidate will have:
- An Engineering background, educated to degree level or with equivalent time served experience.
- Experience of having responsibility for other Engineers in a manufacturing or process plant.
- A positive approach to problem solving, with a willingness to take a hands on approach when required.
- Experience of leading Lean projects, preferably with Six Sigma experience to Green Belt level or equivalent.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading international business, in a period of significant investment in new equipment at their North East plant.