CAD Design Engineer, Permanent, East Harling, up to £40,000 DOE
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by rthirteen recruitment
Rthirteen are currently searching on behalf of a leading retailer and manufacturer to recruit an experienced CAD Design Engineer to join their team. The purpose of your role will be to develop CAD drawings using software such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD and the Adobe Suite, making sure they meet client requirements.
This is a great chance for someone with previous CAD experience to build upon their skills and work within a supportive environment. This is the perfect time to join the business as there are lots of opportunities to grow and develop new, exciting products.
Your duties will include:
- Seeing projects through from conceptions to completion.
- Developing CAD drawings using SolidWorks software in line with the design standards and product speciation's.
- Providing CAD Design solutions in 2D and 3D
- Working alongside Project deadlines.
- Suggesting continuous improvements and cost reduction strategies.
- Responsible for maintaining CAD database.
- Responsible for scheduling work for manufacture.
- Responsible for filling out paperwork associated with work performed.
- Supporting to complete instruction manuals alongside project team.
- Talking to customers about any queries regarding their drawings.
- Playing a proactive part and working closely with other members of the team on Design Projects.
You will have/be:
- Confident and proficient SolidWorks/AUTOCAD user with experience in using the Adobe Suite.
- A technical qualification to Degree or HND level, ideally in mechanical engineering.
- Previous experience working with CAD.
- Previous experience working within a similar role
- 3D concept visualisation/ 3D model generation experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to problem solve, whilst being practical and resourceful.
- A high attention to detail.
- Willingness to work in a new industry.
- Organised and having a methodical approach to your workload, prioritising workload effectively.
- Able to work without supervision.
- A team player.
- IT Literate and able to pick up new systems.
- The ambition to grow within the role and assume responsibility for own projects.
Please note that it is essential that you drive for this specific vacancy due to the company's location.
This is a full time, permanent opportunity working Monday to Friday 7am - 3.30pm. Offered salary is up to £40,000 DOE. Benefits include 31 days holiday - including bank holidays - rising to 32 (2020) and 33 (2021) and government enrolled pension scheme.
How to apply:
To hear more details about this fantastic opportunity please email your CV to Luke Plane - Senior Recruitment Specialist at rthirteen recruitment.
Powered by our principals - we link individuals with opportunities to fulfil their potential, and introduce client partners to associates to aid their business evolution. Contact us, for a completely confidential chat. rthirteen, clever recruiting which makes a difference.
Due to the high numbers of applications we receive for advertised vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this opportunity. rthirteen will retain your details, and contact you with any other forthcoming opportunities which we feel may be appropriate.