Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by North Ayrshire Council
This post is based within our Education & Youth Employment Service. Reporting to the Head of Service. For more details see the attached Role Profile below.
Interviews will be held 1st March 2019Staff Values & Behaviours
North Ayrshire Council uses behavioural based approach throughout the recruitment process. Our staff values of Focus, Passion & Inspiration will be explored for this vacancy.
Further information on how to complete behaviour based application form questions is available on the Council's website.
We put our customers first
We understand the bigger picture
- Provide excellent customer services
- Meet and where possible exceed the expectations of internal and external customers.
- Understand the performance levels and standards required within our own role and strive to achieve and where possible exceed these.
- Know how the work we do fits into the overall performance of the Council.
We take pride in the jobs we do
We are ambitious for our community
- Take ownership of our own actions and performance.
- Reflect on the work we do and consider how it could be improved.
- Have a positive impact on the lives of our customers and their communities.
- Push the boundaries to help our customers and communities realise their potential.
We all look for better ways to deliver our services
We achieve the best results together
- Find new ways to deliver improvements, efficiencies and value for money.
- Embrace change with enthusiasm and creative ideas.
- Work together and creatively produce the best outcomes for our customers and communities.
- Plan all activities with the end goal in mind.
As part of the selection process we ask that you provide ONE completed reference alongside your application form. References will be read in conjunction with your application form. Therefore, applicants who do not submit references in time will be placed at a disadvantage compared to those who have provided appropriate references, as additional points will be added to your score where the panel are in receipt of a satisfactory reference (i.e 0 points for no reference received, maximum of 6 points for a very strong reference). Your second referee will be contacted by North Ayrshire Council if you are the preferred candidate for the post.
Please note that it is your responsibility to gather a reference, and forward the completed reference to the relevant contact within the School. References should be received before the closing date for the vacancy. References for this vacancy should be emailed/faxed/posted to;
This post is considered Regulated Work with Children, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007. Therefore, it is an offence to apply if you are barred from working with children.
Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by North Ayrshire Council. Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant PVG check (£59 or £18), which will be deducted in instalments from your wages following commencement of employment. For further information on the PVG Scheme please visit . For further details on North Ayrshire Council's policy please visit .