Packaging Designer - gift and beauty brand!
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by I Love My Job Ltd
A fun, dynamic company that designs and develops gift and beauty products for the leading retailers, seeks a talented Packaging Designer to join their team. Your role will be to create beautiful designs and innovative packaging that makes people go wow!
You will have a love of creating fun packaging that can really help sell the product, have evidence of producing trend led highly commercial designs and packaging which have been sold on the UK high street and generated impressive results. You will have a degree or equivalent design qualification, have at least 2+ years' experience of working within the consumer products industry.
Do you have the skill, passion and creativity this team is looking for?
A typical day in this Packaging Design position might include:
- Innovating new packaging ideas that are commercial and eye catching
- Creating completely new and inspirational trends, and sharing ideas with other team members
- Being the packaging expert in the team, innovating new fun and novel packaging ideas
- Working closely with the in-house Design and Product Development teams at product idea generation stage; providing your packaging expertise
- Designing graphics for products that will look great in store and can sit alongside current product ranges
- Carrying out comp shops, researching the markets and reporting findings to team
- Having a good eye for trends, colour and translating trends into commercial designs
- Tailoring new designs for different products and retail customers, ensuring each has a new and unique look
- Delivering a variety of design disciplines - Illustrative, typographic and photographic
- Taking briefs from the design and product development teams, ensuring key dates are met
- Refreshing current ranges and keeping design fresh
- Working closely with the marketing team creating marketing material
As Packaging Designer, you will have the following qualities:
- 1 - 3 years' packaging design experience working for a supplier or retailer
- Able to show examples of designs you have produced for the UK retail market
- Must have experience designing innovative packaging for retail products
- A graphic design degree or equivalent design qualification
- Excellent Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- An interest in photography would be ideal
- A range of practical skills and a willingness to get your hands dirty are essential