Chamber Business Digital Systems Manager
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by HOUSE OF COMMONS-3
This post is part of the Chamber Business Team (CBT), which in turn is part of the Chamber and Committees Team (CCT). CCT supports the core business of the House and its Committees, providing procedural services and advice, general and secretariat services to select committees, reporting and broadcasting services, security and support for international relations.
This new cross - CBT role is designed to improve the performance, efficiency, resilience and co-ordination of CBT systems. The postholder will have responsibility for overseeing and improving new and existing systems used for supporting key business functions of the House of Commons.
It is intended that the post will:
- accelerate change towards end-to-end digital systems in CBT, encompassing digital inputs, processing and data management, and digital outputs;
- help realise the benefits from significant recent investment in new or upgraded digital systems;
- result in better prioritised and co-ordinated CBT systems development;
- provide enhanced specialist digital systems expertise to support testing key systems in development and business-as-usual work.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Has ability to identify and deliver improvements to business systems and processes.
- Has sufficient confidence and familiarity as a user of browser and database-based applications and structured data to act as an intelligent client in interactions with developers and the Parliamentary Digital Service.
- Able to apply technical expertise to effectively support the core work of the House of Commons and to understand the needs of MPs and other customers of CBT
- Can build collaborative and productive relationships inside and outside a team and work effectively with people at all levels. Able to set and communicate realistic objectives, monitor performance, give feedback and support development. Positively promotes an inclusive and collaborative approach to working.
- Annual leave starting at 30 days pro rata
- Civil Service Pension scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Discounted membership of the in-house gym
All applications must be submitted on a House of Commons application form.
More information on the role and the full criteria can be found on the job description.