Internal Communications Officer
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Hays
Internal Communications Officer, London, Permanent , Charity, Paying up to £33,000
Your new company
A leading national charity based in central London is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Internal Communications Officer to join their Internal Communications Directorate. The role will be supporting the delivery of charity's strategy and business priorities and goals by developing and delivering high-quality internal communications to all employees. This a unique opportunity for an internal communications officer to join as the organisation are going through a change programme therefore it is a great chance to develop and hone new internal communications skills with a friendly and progressive environment
Your new role
- Writing and editing engaging content for a range of internal audiences
- Selecting appropriate communication channels to reach different internal audiences.
- Channels include print, digital and face to face channels, including Workplace, e-newsletters, video, employee briefings and conferences and Skype broadcasts.
- Supporting the Internal Communications and Engagement team to develop, plan and implement internal communications projects for internal customers, aligned with strategic priorities and annual business plans Leading on specific internal communications and staff engagement campaigns.
- Working with other communications colleagues to ensure communications are joined-up, timely, on brand. Evaluating and reporting on the effectiveness of internal communications campaigns and share learning and best practice.
- Providing internal communications advice and guidance to key internal customers, building their capacity to develop their communications skills and experience, in line with charity's tone of voice and accessibility requirements.
- Developing and maintaining positive and effective working relationships with all levels of employees. Producing, filming, editing and subtitling film content for internal customers, and train teams to do their own filming. Identifying opportunities for growth or channel development
- Managing content for the Intranet. Managing Internal Communications mailboxes, ensuring emails are responded to by the appropriate person in a timely
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of working in an internal communications support role within a complex/diverse organisation.
- The ability to identify solutions to engage hard to reach employees using different communications channels Experience of research, interviewing, editing and proof reading; superb copy writing ability.
- Experience of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience of using a web content management system (such as SharePoint) and enterprise social media platforms (such as Facebook for Workplace).
- The ability to develop positive working relationships with people at all levels across the organisation.
- Exceptional organisation skills, capable of management of time, creating complex work schedules, prioritising own workload and meeting tight deadlines.
- Experience of working under pressure, maintaining and using diplomacy in the face of setbacks.
- Experience in managing competing priorities and relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including style, grammar and spelling), adapting style to suit the audience and setting.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
What you'll get in return
Competitive holiday and Salary package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Harris Hill Ltd
Global Accounting Network