Account Manager/Business Development Manager
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Hays
Your new company
A central government organisation is looking for an experience Business Development/Account Management professional to join their directorate for 3-6 months. The organisation is responsible for the delivery of good and services into government agencies and departments.
Your new role
You will be responsible for:
- Growing sales with a defined customer base by actively seeking opportunities to enhance use of the organisations services, to agreed target levels.
- Overseeing the operational readiness of the organisation to on-board new customer services and opportunities.
- Building and managing new relationships between customers and commercial delivery teams
- Meeting the performance metrics contained within defined Customer and/or Service Level Agreements
- Understanding the political landscape, the organisation operates within and understanding the methodology used by the organisation when providing their services.
- Ensuring that customer engagement and intelligence is recorded on the appropriate systems to form a customer-centric and holistic knowledge database.
- Representing the organisation at meetings where appropriate including individual account review meetings with the customer/sector.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have:
- Relevant customer Account Management experience in either wider public sector or B2B environments.
- Experience in resolving customer issues through direct intervention or escalation as appropriate.
- A strong background in the use and deployment of customer relationship management tools and techniques
- A proven track record of success in implementing business development and engagement plans
- Sales forecasting and budgeting skills
- Project management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentations.
- Excellent inter-personal and relationship development skills.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.