Class Teacher - Fixed Term
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by MEREWORTH COMMUNITY PRIMARY SCHOOL
Start Date: Sep 2019
Pay: (MPS) £26,192 - £35,008 per annum
Are you seeking a fun, supportive and caring work environment where you will receive continuous professional development tailored to your needs?
How would you like to work for a lovely close-knit community school where pupils achieve well?
Here at Mereworth Primary School we are looking to recruit a well-qualified, humorous and energetic Teacher on a one-year fixed term basis to join our very experienced, inclusive and happy team.
Ideally you will have experience of teaching at Key Stage 2, however this is not essential. Above all, we are looking for a committed Teacher who will deliver high quality learning experiences to all our pupils, inspiring them to achieve their best in all of their learning.
This post is not suitable for an NQT.
As a class teacher you will:
- Show good practice and engaging personalised learning using a range of teaching styles in order to ensure that all pupils can achieve their full potential.
- Regularly collect and record pupil progress data, analysing and interpreting the data in order to inform planning, interventions and resources to maximise the attainment of your pupils.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to Child Protection, Health and Safety, Security, Equal Opportunities and Confidentiality.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience of teaching in the Primary Sector and a thorough understanding of the principles of Primary Education.
- A flexible approach, with the ability to manage change.
- Experience of working with pupils with SEND.
- A calm and organised approach to planning and establishing a secure learning environment.
- The knowledge and understanding of how to develop strategies appropriate to the needs and abilities of individual pupils, including those with special educational needs.
Please note: This role is based on a fixed term contract for one academic year with a start date of September 2019.
We welcome and encourage visits to our school prior to application. To arrange your visit please contact the main office on .
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure and other employment checks. The school is committed to equality and diversity in employment practice and service delivery.
Closing Date: 04/03/2019 at 12:00
Interviews: 20th and 21st March 2019
Information about the school
Mereworth Community Primary School is a popular village school situated between Maidstone and Tonbridge. The school is a vibrant, single form entry situated in wonderful grounds which are used extensively to enhance the delivery of the curriculum. The school building is a mixture of Victorian, 1960's and modern buildings. We have indoor learning zones which includes a library, a music room and a Design & Technology room. We have invested heavily in our Computer network, and now have excellent resources in classrooms as well as in the Computer suite. We have extremely supportive parents and governors and wonderfully caring, polite and well behaved children.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
LYDD PRIMARY SCHOOL
MEOPHAM COMMUNITY ACADEMY
THE JOHN WALLIS CE ACADEMY
HERNE BAY INFANT SCHOOL