Product Developer (Electronics/ Mechanical)
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Anonymous
South East Ref: ABJ3206
As Senior Product Developer with a mechanical and electronic background you will lead and manage the successful development and delivery of consumer relevant Products within the NPD function of a global organisation. As an experienced product developer you will lead the development and delivery of compliant products in full alignment to NPD strategy. As product developer you will develop the products, sub-components, materials and knowledge required to deliver superior sensorial performance and consumer acceptability.
• To lead the development and delivery of compliant products in full alignment to NPD strategy. To develop the products, sub-components, materials and knowledge required to deliver superior sensorial performance and consumer acceptability.
• To lead the product development work plans to meet the identified actions standards for NPD products including, but not limited to, sensory performance, regulatory compliance, target financial objectives, quality compliance and product stewardship.
• To manage the development of products, in accordance with protocols, ensuring appropriate technical sign-off at each stage.
• Provide technical input to in market product management activities supporting consumer complaint follow-ups, quality actions and supplier changes.
• To contribute to the NPD Product Strategy both on a platform and category level which will allow the development of the product portfolio required to achieve the commercial targets for the category.
• Approach to task is by selection of appropriate means learned from knowledge and experience and thorough understanding of processing and how it can contribute to product quality.
• Key representative in development and implementation of solutions for innovative materials/products with internal stakeholders and cross functional teams.
• Degree or equivalent in a science or related subject or engineering equivalent
• Proven track record in delivering technical products to the market that have an impact of driving consumer acceptance
• Product specification generation and validation through appropriate manufacturing qualification stages (MQS)
• Ability to influence key stakeholders very senior level
• Strong scientific approach to study design and robustness testing
• Understanding of the potential value of an innovation from a consumer or business perspective
• Basic level of knowledge on electronic device design and manufacture
• Awareness of the consumer drivers and research and it's vital connection to what needs to be delivered Good level of technical understanding of FMCG manufacturing processes
• Good understanding of industrial manufacturing processes, including injection moulding and assembly processes
Full Time. Permanent (35hr week) Benefits Package Includes Pension, Strong Bonus, 5 weeks holiday, Share save and share reward schemes.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson at Hudson Shribman Scientific Recruitment on (phone number removed)
OR (phone number removed)