Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Anonymous
To effectively manage a portfolio of P&C Hub Contracts that fall below the EU Thresholds. Support Procurement Managers to undertake collaborative contracting projects where appropriate to obtain best value for money. Support Procurement Managers to manage the effective delivery of the Procurement Strategy across the Council and help establish the procurement function as an acknowledged centre of excellence, including the delivery of cashable and non-cashable efficiency savings in accordance with individual service area efficiency / savings targets year on year.
The post has to work in the context of:
* Procurement strategies are key to the delivery of Council policy and plans.
* Support all Council services across the whole authority and have an impact on the efficiency, effectiveness and economics of their procurement projects.
* Procurement maintains key internal controls (e.g., contract procedure rules; procurement templates; Purchase Cards and related systems control).
* Providing advice and guidance to the whole Council on procurement policy, law and supporting users of procurement systems
* Advising on risk management having a significant impact on protecting the council from legal challenge and financially risk in relation to procurement law and policy.
* External relationships with partner organisation (suppliers, external advisors and other local authorities) and representing the authority.
* Delivering Council Objectives.
To deliver such services in accordance with national and local strategies and priorities as set down by central and local government.
As part of the FRCS department, the Procurement Officer post has shared responsibility for delivering the Council Objectives. The post works alongside the P&C Hub and other colleagues to implement this agenda and drive improvements to services in such a manner that aligns them with the emerging strategic objectives and direction.
The Procurement Officer post is one that must be approached with flexibility and a flair for creative problem solving.
There is a recognised need to ensure that budgets are spent responsibly. The Procurement Officer has a direct role here in coordinating and delivering strategically relevant outcome-focussed value for money services.
To support the P&C Hub to prepare, plan and implement National strategic agendas, providing procurement lead at all levels internally, engaging the market, evaluating / analysis of existing provision and identifying gaps in supply, stimulating the markets to respond to demand and implementing and managing the tendering process and developing and managing contract terms and conditions as required.
Please apply with your updated CV ensuring that any gaps in employment are explained.
At this point, may we take this opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown in this role. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not always possible to respond to everyone. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 7 days, your application for this vacancy will have been unsuccessful