Senior Strategy Analyst
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Anonymous
Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus
Permanent | Full Time Hours with flexible working patterns available
Reporting to the Strategy Manager and working closely with the Head of Strategy, you will be key in devising and deploying our strategy to encourage the Retail business to grow. The portfolio of accountability will be wide, as this role will be at the core of understanding the market, customers and our internal capabilities.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting development of the strategy for the Retail business.
- Delivery of strategic insights based on qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Successful engagement with stakeholders at all levels of seniority, ensuring plans are communicated effectively and delivered.
- Structuring and developing presentations and papers to effectively influence and communicate strategic proposals.
- Conducting high level financial analysis and build business cases to assess the return on strategic recommendations.
- Successfully engaging with a broad range of stakeholders to coordinate Retail governance.
- Regularly engaging with multiple stakeholders across Business Units to prepare performance reports for the Senior Leadership Team and the broader business.
- Monitoring and reporting on Retail business performance via collating and reviewing objectives and KPIs.
Your Skills and Experience
Exceptional analytical skills will be critical to this role. This includes the proven ability to accurately conduct financial and business analyses in a complex organisational structure. You must be customer-focused, self-motivated and flexible, with a can-do attitude and positive influencing skills which give you the ability to obtain answers in a diverse retail organisation. You'll need outstanding stakeholder management skills so that you can effectively engage management and colleagues on all levels of seniority. You will also need resilience, rigour and gravitas to feel you can push back to the business when something isn't right. Excellent written, verbal and Powerpoint skills are essential in order to deliver high quality insight to the business. To make sure that Retail delivers against its strategic projects, you will need enthusiasm, empathy and values aligned with SSE culture as well as the passion to learn and grow in the role.
If you have experience working in a corporate environment in strategy, commercial, or insight functions - great, this would give you an idea of what to expect, as would experience in customer facing industries and organisations, such as utilities, telecoms, banking, other retail industries, management consulting or public sector.
Our Retail business is a market leader in supply of electricity and gas and in other energy-related services such as telecoms, broadband and boiler cover. We supply energy under our brands: SSE, SSE Scottish Hydro, SSE Southern Electric and SSE SWALEC in the Great Britain market. At SSE, we're committed to giving you excellent customer service and treating you fairly; we want to make life easier for you, find ways of saving you money, and be on hand to help when you need us the most, that's our customer promise.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here's a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
Closing date for applications is: 17th February 2019.
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you're internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you're successful, we'll conduct some pre-employment checks.
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch via or