Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Anonymous
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & REPONSIBILITIES:
* Machinist with experience in using general machine shop/tool room equipment eg; Centre Lathe, Milling Machine and other associated tool room equipment.
* Some knowledge of Grinding - surface/cylindrical would be advantageous (but not essential)
* Ability to work independently or as a team member
* Produce parts from drawings.
* Understanding the need to meet deadlines
* To inform the Team Leader or Production Manager immediately of any problem occurring during production.
* To maintain a clean, organised working environment which conforms to the relevant Health & Safety and environmental standard.
* To adhere to Company regulations, rules and procedures.
* To perform any other reasonable duties that may be required from time to time.
Environmental, Safety, Risk & Compliance
* To be committed to and champion a strong EHS culture on site. Ensuring that all Operational staff are competent, adequately trained and supported to enable them to carry out their duties safely.
* To develop a strong culture of near miss reporting across all staff to assist in driving improvements to the site safety performance.
* Maintain a robust internal control environment in order to comply with local regulations.
* A site Champion for the 'Think Safe' initiative and personally lead the development of our safety culture across all locations in the company.
* To be committed to the Group-wide ethics and compliance programme; ensuring a common approach to doing business the right way and adhering always to the core elements of the programme - values, policies/guidance, training/education and compliance risk assessment.
EXPERIENCE & BACKGROUND
* GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
* Toolroom experience
* Ability to work with minimal supervision and be able to work as a team.
* Good organisational and problem-solving skills.
* Be able to work to deadlines.
* Good basic computer skills - data input into IFS.
* Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
* Performance Driven, Responsive and self-motivated
* Ability to build and maintain successful relationships with colleagues
* Pro-active and 'Can-Do' attitude
* Willing to learn and complete external certified training courses if appropriate.
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help