Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Anonymous
Location: Wakefield Centre WF1 2TS/Remote Home Working
Overall purpose of the job
To support the achievement of the B38 FM sales target through quality submissions to improve our conversion ratio from submission to success.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Develop high-quality tender documents, including coordinating and editing written content as per the client specific requirements.
* Take ownership of the internal bid process to ensure completion of all tenders that are sent out.
* Ensure all documents are accurate and professionally represented.
* Develop and maintain an effective data base of information and liaise with other departments to keep this updated.
* Create and promote an environment of continuous improvement helping to improve our overall achievement.
* Set and achieve tender deadlines by effectively managing all available resources.
* Know at all times tender deadlines and install and effectively manage tender return plans, communicating to the wider business accordingly.
* Ensure all stakeholders receive regular updates and advance notice of upcoming activity.
* Effectively manage the flow of information, by managing relationships with all key stakeholders.
* Edit all content received to ensure standards are met and bespoke to each requirement.
* Be up to date with prospects and our competition to ensure responses are bespoke and deliver our strategy clearly, emphasising our USP's.
* Apply appropriate solutions to ensure that submissions meet client needs and/or culture.
* Keep up to date with group business ventures and services, competitors, relationships with customers, clients and suppliers, market evolution.
* Help identify additional opportunities by getting to know client requirements.
* Liaise with and network with key personnel and external clients to ensure a seamless approach to bid management.
* Target and develop a network of influential internal and external contacts.
* Prepare presentations in a number of formats as required.
* Minimises the impact of change on a tender process by building in contingencies.
* Promote a professional image at all times.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of writing bids in the Hard FM/M&E operating sector with the ability to deliver a tender return from receipt to submission, researching and coordinating technical information and resources to produce high quality bid submissions to strict deadlines. Essential skills include:
* Outstanding technical bid writing skills.
* The ability to write creatively and concisely based on factual information and articulate documents.
* The ability to produce high standard text which accurately reflects the needs of the client's business.
* The ability to analyse client requirement documents to ensure that the responses being created respond implicitly to the questions being asked.
* Co-ordinate resources, obtaining information from key members of each B38 department.
Qualifications and Experience
* Demonstrable experience of planning, writing and executing winning tender documentation in line with pre-defined briefs.
* A full understanding of the wider FM service procurement processes and procedures including all differing procurement vehicles.
* Extensive experience of business development and tender processes.
* A proven track record of developing internal and external business relationships in a commercial context.
* Excellent working knowledge of relevant and supporting FM sectors.
* Ability to deliver results in a sophisticated environment