Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Anonymous
The newly appointed Facilities Coordinator will be responsible for keeping our young people safe by managing and maintaining the building, security systems and facilities effectively and efficiently. In addition, the post will ensure that Legacy is compliant with all health and safety regulations, including equipment, buildings, and the safe management of sub-contractors; in addition to directly managing the cleaning team and ensuring that the building is pristine, and all areas are open and safe for our young. This is a critical and exciting role, which will significantly contribute to our offer to young people.
Please note that this role will require you to be able to undertake minor repairs and general maintenance work so please bear this in mind when submitting your application.
* Have significant experience of building maintenance and/or management, including staff supervision
* Have excellent people skills with the ability to establish good professional relationships with young people and adults
* Have the ability and initiative to carry out general repairs and preventative work
* Have a working knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation
* Demonstrate a strong commitment to young people
* Be passionate about the aims and mission of OnSide Youth Zones, and Croydon Youth Zone.
This is truly a fantastic opportunity to be part of the brand-new team of the Youth Zone, helping to create a long-lasting legacy for young people in the area!
The strength of the OnSide Network of Youth Zone is the diversity of its people, we place huge value on different people doing things in different ways and we welcome applications from what might be considered non-traditional backgrounds. The one thing we all have in common is our desire to raise the aspirations of young people across the country.
In accordance with our Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures, this position requires a standard DBS check.
Closing date for applications: 15 February 2019
Interview day: week commencing 25 February 2019
For an informal chat about the role, please contact: Lee Roberts, Business Operations Manager - (phone number removed)
To apply and for further information about Legacy Youth Zone please visit our website