Commercial Accountant (Temporary)
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by CSG
Are you looking for a temporary accounting opportunity, working for an leading independent business
In Horsforth? (Leeds)
CSG are global talent experts. We operate in highly specialist sectors and recruit mid-senior level roles out of our 5 global offices (across Leeds, London, Dubai and Sydney).
We are currently looking to hire a Commercial Accountant to join and supervise a small passionate credit control team based from our Leeds office.
This key role will be split into 3 principal areas of responsibility:
Management Accounting; Financial Analysis and Financial Planning.
Reporting to the Financial Controller the role will involve partnering with various operational teams across the UK and overseas to provide insightful analysis, reporting and forecasting. Ensuring the business maximises its financial opportunities both in the UK and overseas whilst also ensuring compliance with accounting best practice, current legislation and governance requirements.
You will drive the production of monthly consolidated management accounts and key projects.
Role and Responsibilities
- Preparing monthly consolidated management accounts to include; Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, Cashflows and supporting commentary to be ready for a WD10 deadline
- Prepare and maintain a cashflow forecasting model
- Calculate and maintain accruals and prepayments
- Develop and maintain budgeting & forecasting models
- Preparation of weekly and monthly sales analysis with commentary
- Maintaining accurate financial records including balance sheet reconciliations
- Support the preparation of annual statutory accounts with supporting schedules
- Manage sales ledger for over 100 clients including credit control team
- Maintain bank accounts, BACS, company credit cards and forex
- Oversee the accuracy of purchase ledger postings and supplier payments
- Monthly supplier & customer account reconciliations
- Monitoring fixed assets and maintaining the fixed asset register
- Compilation & calculation of VAT Returns on Sage
- Corresponding with HMRC with regards to VAT & corporation tax as required
- Coaching and development of credit control team.
- Liaising with external finance, professional advisors and auditors.
- Adhoc projects as required
Skills & Personal Attributes
- Qualified or part qualified.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, whilst being able to understand and communicate the bigger picture
- Excellent commercial awareness partnered with strong analytical and financial modelling skills
- Ability to partner with both finance and non-finance teams
- Hands on attitude and ability to work within a small team of people
- Performance driven with energy and determination; a "continuous improvement" attitude
- Accountable and results orientated with a high level of integrity
- Common sense and good judgement, with demonstrable gravitas, personal and professional demeanour
- High level of IT skills - specifically Advanced Excel and Sage
- Thorough understanding of accounting and ability to identify issues and propose solutions.
If you think you would be a good fit for this role, or would like to hear more about the vacancy, please apply to be considered.
CSG is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Nixon Allen Limited