Graduate Electrical Project Engineer
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by William Farrell Limited (WFL)
The Project Engineer position available is for a site-based project in Dublin. The Project Engineer will work as part of a site construction team to deliver a major electrical services project and will work hand in hand with the Contract Manager, Site Manager, Procurement Manager, and installation team to ensure the project is delivered to the client to the highest standard.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and update drawings and drawing registers
- Complete electrical design calculations and alterations on the project
- Assist in preparing contract variations and change orders
- Assist Contracts Manager and site manager with project management duties including allocation of labour to jobs and scheduling of materials.
- Liaise with project design team & client when & if required
- Assist with re-measurement and Value Engineering of projects
- Continual review of contract documentation to ensure compliance with specification and quality procedures
- Materials and equipment procurement and liaising with subcontractors and suppliers
- Monitor project programmes and materials delivery schedules
- Prepare weekly job reports and maintenance of job folders
- Prepare method statements for all aspects of Electrical works.
- Reporting on Health and Safety
- Production & Mark up of CAD drawings for "As Built" or small project drawings
- Preparation of O&M Manuals
- Assist Divisional Managers with clerical duties
Experience / Skills Required
- 3rd Level Qualification in Electrical or Building Services Engineering. Trade qualifications, with experience and further technical qualifications, will be considered.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Good IT skills including use of Word, Excel, MS Project, etc.
- AutoCAD experience.
- Revit experience a bonus
- Navisworks experience a bonus
- BIM processes experience a bonus
- Should be flexible, hardworking and self-motivated with the ability to work well in a team-based environment.