Business Development Manager
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Heat Merchants
Overall purpose of role: To expand, develop and drive sales of Heating, Plumbing and Renewable Energy products in the area.
- Build relationships and grow sales with the existing customer base.
- Proactively develop new business relationships in the surrounding areas with Builders, Plumbers, and Specialist Sub-Contractors.
- To be accountable for the achievement of sales and margin targets as set by the Regional Manager
- Collect debtors, as and when required, in line with credit terms given by the Regional Manager
- Negotiate prices with customers whilst meeting agreed sales and margin targets
- Liaise with Branch Manager/ staff on a day to day basis so as the branch are aware of area covered / customers visited and sales leads acquired
- Producing quotations as and when required (otherwise carried out by branch staff)
- Follow up on quotations - quotes won/lost and reasons why
- Promote other brands and businesses within the Group and pass leads to the same where there are opportunities to do so.
- Utilise fully and regularly update the CRM system with complete information on upcoming projects and active sales leads
- To provide reports/information as requested by management
- Adherence to the Company credit policy
- Adherence to Health, Safety and Environmental rules and regulations
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by management that are within your capability to perform.
Please note that the above list is not intended to capture every detail of your role but the main areas of responsibility.
- Previous experience in sales (minimum 2 years) within the heating and plumbing or construction materials sector.
- Proven track record on achieving targets and delivering results.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be extremely customer focused and results/target driven.
- A good level of I.T proficiency in particular Microsoft Excel
- Full valid driver's license.
- Technical qualification- mechanical/ engineering building services qualification
- Sound heating and plumbing product knowledge
- Previous experience using a CRM system
- Previous external sales representative experience within the Heating & Plumbing industry including experience selling direct to trade customers