Compensation & Benefits Specialist
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Hopebridge, LLC
The Compensation and Benefits Specialist is responsible for not only assisting with the administration of all benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and 401(k) plan, but plans, develops and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures to be responsive to the company's goals and competitive practices. This position also manages the payroll process and completes tasks necessary for the success of submitting payroll on time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Assists with new-hire enrollments and open enrollment process
- Performs quality checks of benefits-related data.
- Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes.
- Distributes all benefits enrollment materials and determines eligibility.
- Enrolls employees with carriers and process life status changes.
- Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
- Responds to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts. Manages the annual catch-up contribution enrollment.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revision as well as new plans that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives; coordinates implementation and provides guidance to corporate staff.
- Provides advice to corporate staff on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, and job evaluation, including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs.
- Develops pay scale information and prepares compensation analysis on all positions.
- Supervises the participation in, conducts and/or purchases exempt and nonexempt salary surveys to ensure compensation objectives are achieved.
- Ensures through audits, legal reports and personal interactions that company compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
- Analyzes, prepares and inputs payroll data. Typically uses automated system to produce accurate and timely payroll. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for management.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Stays current on payroll systems and understanding of payroll procedures to achieve alignment with HR benefits and other related and to ensure effective accounting support.
- Maintain a clear criminal record
- Other duties assigned as necessary.
- Business Acumen
- HR Expertise
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Financial Management
- Ethical Practice
Required Education and Experience
- Associate's degree in HR or related field, but experience and/or other training/certification may be substituted for the education.
- Two years' experience in HR and/or benefits administration.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field of study.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification credential.
- Prior customer service experience.
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. Employees in this position must be physically able to efficiently perform the essential functions of the position.
Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times due to a busy office. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The above statements reflect general functions of this job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements inherent in this job. The immediate supervisor may elaborate on or add to the above list if the duties come within the employees realm of responsibility.
Hopebridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.