Head Pastry Chef, Egham
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Alexander House Hotels & Utopia Spas
Head Pastry Chef
Great Fosters Hotel, AA Hotel of the Year 2018, and the most recent addition to Alexander Hotels a private group of luxury hotels of distinction just outside London.
A Grade 1 listed building in 50 acres of stunning gardens and parkland in Egham, Surrey.
4 Red Stars, 43 bedrooms spread across the Hotel and adjoining Cloisters and Coach House. A room or suite to meet every expectation. For dining the Award Winning Tudor Room with 1 Michelin Star and 4 Rosettes, as well as the Estate Grill which offers a delicious range of dining choices. A beautiful 14 th century Tithe Barn is available for functions together with the Orangery, the Conservatory and a range of other meeting and private dining rooms.
Please see the Hotels website for a full list of facilities and sample menus.
Join our Award Winning Kitchen Brigade under Executive Chef Rob Chasteauneuf, with an impressive history of experience at Heston Blumenthal's 3 Michelin Star restaurant, The Fat Duck, time at Drakes in Ripley before being offered Head Chef at the Aviator, Group Sous Chef at Dinner by Heston before taking the reigns at Great Fosters in 2018.
- Heading up a team of 6 chefs in Pastry + kitchen Porters
- See our website for the full range of menu choices being created
- Quality experience in a fresh food environment
- Produce plated deserts for all menus/restaurants up to 4 Rosette standard
- The passion and drive to contribute to the future success of the kitchen brigade who continue to develop award winning dishes
- Recruitment, training and motivation of the Pastry team to ensure consistent standards of excellence
- To achieve GP% required and agreed with the Executive Chef
- Designing with the Executive Chef menus/menu items for afternoon tea, restaurant as well as banqueting menus.
Tudor Room (1 Michelin Star/4 Rosettes) 18 covers
Estate Grill (2 Rosettes) 45 covers
Private Dining/Banqueting/Weddings Up to 180 covers
Traditional Afternoon Tea
- Experience and passion for food and creating rosette standard dishes from fresh ingredients
- Ability to work flexible shifts
- Experience within a quality hotel kitchen environment
- Team player with an ability and desire to contribute and support junior team members to develop and achieve
- Excellent eye for detail and able to deliver consistent standards
£35,000 to £40,000 per annum + £800 - £1,200 service charge
- Accommodation is available for those relocating £495 per month in Egham
- 4 weeks holiday
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday