Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Lloyds Banking Group
18 February 2019
£0 - £0
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
We're looking for a data specialist to join our Data and Analytics team who support the business by developing data solutions to help answer various commercial business questions with accuracy and pace.
You'd be using market leading analytical tools and techniques to analyse the wealth of behavioural and transactional data we hold on 30m+ customers to support action-orientated insight across all products and channels and help LBG achieve its ambition to be a truly data driven bank.
Together we'll make it possible...
- Perform accurate data mining and extraction from the relevant structured and unstructured sources to support the development and shaping of new and existing data solutions
- Review, interpret and challenge data to generate understanding of key drivers, risks and opportunities
- Promote the prominent role of data and analytics in decision-making at all levels
- Manage internal customer relationships across the Group to generate and refine data, and to translate their business needs into data requirements
- Support the delivery of actionable insights to influence business decisions
- Support the delivery of a data and analytics strategy that creates a sustainable competitive advantage and enables development of new business opportunities
You must adhere to and model, the following core capabilities in delivering your role.
- Lloyds Banking Group's Values
- Lloyds Banking Group's Codes of Responsibility
- You're the sort of confident senior analyst we're looking for - passionate about both data/analytics and storytelling with an aptitude for solving problems through data
- You'll have a proven mix of excellent communication skills: influencing and working effectively with technical and non-technical audiences - asking intelligent questions and able to make complex data analysis simple
- And you'll have the imagination we actively encourage to innovate and help create a truly market-leading analytics function.
- Fundamentally you'll possess advanced SQL skills (ideally Teradata) and experience of working with large datasets in a similar analytical or data modelling role
- You'll be adept at sourcing data from strategic sources (data warehouses etc.) and comfortable building data solutions to answer business questions
- Wider experience of other tools and technologies such as Aster, Tableau and Hadoop is also desirable
- You'll have an appreciation of agile principles with practical experience of working in an agile environment an advantage
And finally your CV will demonstrate the people nurturing and team-centric behaviours of someone who helps build great places to work and the competence to cover your bosses
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.