Retail/Culinary - SF Ferry Building
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Mariposa Baking Company
Register/Culinary - Gluten-Free Bakery (SF, Ferry Building)
Join the team at Mariposa Baking Company and be a part of a successful women-owned, certified green, artisan-crafted, gluten-free bakeshop in San Francisco at the Ferry Building.
Mariposa bakes and distributes delicious artisan-crafted gluten-free baked goods to our two Bay Area cafes, which are 100% dedicated gluten-free. We are currently looking to hire experienced, energetic Bakeshop Team Members. If you want to be part of an enthusiastic, creative work community, join us at Mariposa!
• Provide excellent customer service
• Cook and prepare sandwiches as orders come into small kitchen
• Greet customers as they walk up to the bakeshop
• Explain savory and pastry options
• Always make the customer feel welcome and appreciated
• Ensure food quality and safety
• Restock Bakeshop merchandise
• Explain gluten and other allergy-related food issues
• Use POS system to ring sales
• Participate in general cleanup of Bakeshop
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 1+ year experience working in a Bakeshop environment preferred, culinary experience preferred. This job necessitates being able to prepare food.
• Maintain high standard of personal hygiene
• Has a current CA Food Handler's Card (or can get one within 30 days of hire)
Paid Time Off, Medical/Dental Benefits, 401k Plan and Work/Life Balance Culture.
Full-time and Part-time shifts available. Must work at least one weekend shift.
• Ability to stand on your feet for an entire shift
• Bend and stoop to grasp objects. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat
• Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation
The first 3 months are a trial/training period and upon successful completion of that period we would determine any changes to the schedule and job responsibilities.
Our start was simple. Patti Furey Crane, Mariposa's founder, craved high-quality sweets while pregnant with her first child. Finding few options at the time, she set to baking them herself. And so, in 2004, Mariposa was hatched. Mariposa's mission - create wholesome, hand-crafted food using the finest natural ingredients.
We have a passion for - the baked goods we make, the creative journey we're on, and the communities we serve. Thank you for being a part of our story…