Community Fundraising Manager
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by H2R Selection Limited
Taking a strategic approach to the development and management of community fundraising and events.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Maximising profitability of community fundraising and generate ideas for new opportunities
- To assist in the implementation and delivery of the fundraising strategy
- Develop a portfolio of events ensuring maximum ROI is achieved
- Take personal responsibility for building relationships with community leaders and local ambassadors to secure longterm support
- Ensure the highest level of donor care is executed at all times
- Community Fundraising
- Ensure all 'in aid of' fundraisers are fully supported and motivated to maximise their support through excellent stewardship
- Establish and manage the community and events budget, including regular monitoring of income and expenditure
- Oversee merchandise, including seasonal campaigns, and community fundraising materials to ensure maximum income generation is achieved
- Review and develop supporter care processes, procedures and guidelines in order to ensure that fundraisers receive the highest level of support and to maximise their engagement.
- Develop strategies to increase the number of event participants, and the amount of income per person raised
- Research, pilot and evaluate new challenges, sporting events or community events
- Provide strong leadership and management to the Community Fundraising team and Fundraising Administrator, providing coaching, mentoring, guidance and support to ensure they are encouraged and motivated to achieve success
- Staying up to date with latest fundraising and data protection regulations and take responsibility for ensuring community fundraising activity is compliant
- Manage and work with key suppliers on GWAAC's behalf Working relationships, contacts and expectations
- Work across the charity and clinical crew to create a collaborative approach to community fundraising and to spread greater awareness .
- Work closely with the fundraising and communications teams to promote and generate opportunities and to maximise income generation.
- Forge close working relationships with volunteers in order to utilize skills and resources available.
- Occasionally work unsociable hours, for example attending evening or weekend meetings or travel outside our 'area' (TOIL is available).
- Maintain an appropriate level of confidentiality and compliance with regulations at all times.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Essential:
- Significant fundraising experience for a registered charity
- Computer literate with experience of using a CRM system to produce succinct and informative reports
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to prepare and deliver compelling presentations and engage/network with a wide range of audiences confidently
- Excellent written skills with the ability to prepare persuasive proposals and accurate reports.
- Experience of leading others to achieve targets
- Experience of managing projects and balancing multiple priorities
- Experience of managing an event from conception through to delivery and evaluation
- Experience of budget setting and monitoring with good analytical skills
- Knowledge of Data Protection legislation and relevant regulations
- Willingness to work flexibly, with an excellent work ethic and 'can do' attitude
- Experience of building effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Outgoing with the ability to enthuse and motivate others
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and establish good working relationships at all levels
- Ability to demonstrate awareness/understanding of equal opportunities and other people's behaviour, physical, social and welfare needs
- Valid full UK driving licence
- Satisfactory criminal records check
- Professional qualification within fundraising/not for profit sector
- Knowledge of Gift Aid
- Membership of the Institute of Fundraising
- Experience managing budgets
- A clean driving license
- Use of own vehicle
- Previous experience within a health charity
Morgan Hunt UK Limited
Proactive People Recruitment Ltd