Business Development Manager
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Mears
A great opportunity has arisen within our Housing Management business following the success of a new contract win. As member of the Mears Housing Management Task Team, this role plays a key part in supporting the delivery of our commercial targets and ambitions. This will be delivered through delivering the mobilisation of new business, business improvement initiatives and scheme turnaround. You will also support in the development of systems, processes and procedure design to ensure effective service delivery. A key element of such development work will be to ensure resources are in place to meet customer expectations and meet budgetary targets
As part of the New Acquisitions, and Novations Team, we are looking for a Business Development Manager where you develop business with Landlords and local agents to promote our schemes. .You will be responsible for -
- Promote our schemes, including cold calling, visiting agents, dropping leaflets and attending landlord forums
- Contribute to a marketing strategy to drive landlord enquiries
- Record all leads on relevant systems
- Negotiate acquisitions and make offers to owners or their agents to acquire property
- Arrange appointments to view properties, appraise suitability and prepare a schedule of works to ensure the property meets our standards
- Calculate the rental charge payable in line with internal rental guidelines
- Ensure that owners have a clear and comprehensive understanding of the terms and conditions of the scheme and their obligations hereunder and assist in solving any such related disputes.
- Make sure that all the relevant documentation is in place before signing the contracts.
- Consult with Landlords to comply with any statutory / lease requirements and /or in the interest of good relations.
- Provide advice, guidance and support to all landlords and on all matters
- Being visible in area offices, promoting best practice and acting on feedback from teams and raising this with the management team
- Build strong relationships with operational teams to maximise impact of new business and improvements
This role covers a geographical area stretching from Yorkshire up to the North East
What are we looking for?
In order to be successful in this role, you will be an experienced property professional with previous experience of housing and property. You will have knoweldge of housing regulations, lettings and leasings. Coupled with your ability in delivering a high quality customer service you will have proven delivery of innovative solutions. You will have experience of meeting KPI targets and will be able to service several clients with different needs. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills will be required for this position and you should be motivated, able to use your own initiative and have the ability to stay calm under pressure. In addition, exceptional organisational and time management skills are important and you will have strong IT skills. Using your strong negotiation skills, you will also be confident, resilient, able to influence others.
If this sounds like you then we want you to hear from you. CLICK on APPLY and we look forward to hearing from you...