Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Talent Spa
Location: Westminster, London
Salary: £35,000 per annum
Hours of Work: Full-time, part-time will be considered Mon - Fri 9am - 6pm
About the Company:
More United is transforming British politics to make it fit for the 21st century. We bring together MPs from different parties who agree with our values to run campaigns on issues they agree on, using their influence in Parliament and cross-party working to deliver change. At the same time, we empower thousands of people to take action online and offline in support of those campaigns, applying public pressure and thereafter volunteering and donating.
In this way, people have a bigger voice and are able to make an impact without having to sign up to the outdated party system.
While commentators wring their hands and wonder whether politics can be fixed, we are actually doing it. At More United, you will join a team creating the blueprint for a new way to do politics that empowers people to make Britain more hopeful, positive and forward thinking.
You will be part of a close-knit team at the forefront of transforming British politics. Our entrepreneurial attitude is what sets our team apart: we are agile; we measure success rigorously; we explore new ideas, and we love to learn. We share our successes and will support you in being the very best you can be.
Your primary responsibility will be to grow and develop More United's media presence in a way that best delivers our objectives to transform politics. Working with the Comms and Marketing Director you will create and execute a media strategy to deliver results.
Media Manager Responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities to promote More United's work in print and broadcast media through monitoring the news agenda and undertaking research where required.
- Draft media releases and opinion pieces which promote More United's model for fixing politics and the campaigns which show the difference we are making.
- Lead on developing More United's relationships with journalists covering political issues in the UK
- Work with the More United team to produce video and audio products for More United's own communications channels
Media Manager Requirements:
- At least two years' experience working in a role that requires news judgement and direct contact with journalists or politicians
- Strong copywriting
- Forensic proofreading
- Happy working in a small team without constant supervision
- An ability to make complicated issues easier to understand
- A personal commitment to the More United values
- Willingness to represent More United at events outside of normal office hours.
Media Manager Benefits:
- 25 days holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
If you meet the Media Manager requirements and feel the role would be a good fit, then please apply today!