Operations - Private Wealth Management - Portfolio Accounting - Analys
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Goldman Sachs USA
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Are you looking to apply your strong analytical and problem solving skills and strengthen relationships with senior business leaders in an impactful way? The Portfolio Accounting team is looking for a professional who can collaborate with technology, business partners, vendors, and other operations teams to perform critical control and reporting functions in a rapidly changing regulatory environment while delivering an excellent client experience.
The Portfolio Accounting and Tax team supports the PWM global business by maintaining cost basis and portfolio accounting information, such as realized gain/loss and bond accretion/amortization, to be used on client statements, Client Web, and tax reports. The team is also responsible for ensuring data integrity through system reconciliations and exception management. The team works closely with technology to strategically enhance system functionality to support changing business and regulatory needs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Partner with technology to perform issue root cause analysis, write system enhancement requests, perform UAT testing, and production roll out
- Develop analytical and problem solving skills to resolve system breaks and exceptions, and resolve client inquiries
- Showcase strong control and risk management strategies to ensure compliance with US Cost Basis reporting requirements
- Develop strategies and opportunities for process efficiencies to reduce manual tasks while increasing control in a rapidly growing business
- Bachelor's degree
- Proven client service skills, teamwork and a sense of urgency to fulfill time sensitive and highly confidential tasks
- Ability to develop and nurture relationships with senior business leaders within cross divisional a team
- Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability for projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Operations - Private Wealth Management - Portfolio Accounting - Analyst - Salt Lake City
Goldman Sachs USA
Goldman Sachs USA