Principal Platform Adoption Engineer SRE
Posted on Nov 17, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Principal Platform Adoption Engineer with SRE experience. As part of the Platform Adoption team, you will work closely with application development teams to plan and support their platform onboarding process.
- Work with other platform engineers, networking, security and run-times teams to design and build a large multi-project GCP environment and developer enablement tooling that our internal application development teams rely on.
- Designing, developing and maintaining cloud-based infrastructure services, while continually implementing service improvements.
- Facilitating the requirements setting for engineering, architecting, design and support of the environment, including landing zones, guardrails, networking, CI/CD infrastructure, security, observability, and service catalog offerings.
- All team members are expected to be active participants in the envisioning, design, and development process - this includes proactively suggesting improvements and alternatives along with keeping an open mind to the suggestions offered by other team members and users.
- Collaborating heavily with business and technology stakeholders, and product teams, to develop and articulate our vision; as well as deliver and sustain the end-to-end customer experience, in globally distributed platform aligned teams across technology.
- Work across Platform Engineering teams to ensure a seamless integration of the enablement services in our internal developer cloud platforms to provide capabilities to development and product aligned engineering teams to meet the needs of the business.
- Plan, implement, and release changes using zero-downtime techniques
- Identify and implement continuous improvements to reduce mean time of delivery, antif-ragile design
- Implement repeatable CI/CD pipelines to build the cloud platform, end user applications, machine images and containers
- Document, advocate and formalize patterns for resilience, availability, security, monitoring and alerting
- Directly collaborate with application teams and product stakeholders to understand business requirements, help drive alignment and build thoughtful solutions throughout your team.
- Be involved in the development of scalable, distributed software systems, and work on other projects that require research, awareness, interactivity, and the ability to ask the right questions
- Participate in the Architecture Review Process and pull request-based code and document reviews to help steer developers towards platform solutions whilst gathering requirements to ensure we close functional gaps on the platform.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related technical field preferred.
- Must have 3+ years of hands-on experience programming in python/golang/etc.
- A deep understanding of computer science fundamentals, test driven development and design principles.
- Must have 5+ years of extensive hands-on experience with various industry standard developer and enterprise products such as or similar to GitHub, Terraform, Artifactory, Vault, Jira, Splunk, New Relic, Jenkins.
- Must have 5 years of experience designing, developing and maintaining application system integrations operating in varied complex application environments, with concepts pertaining to system availability, resiliency, security, and recoverability across Cloud, Linux, Windows and IaaS platforms like Kubernetes with Docker and running service mesh and API gateways.
- Prior experience developing, shipping and managing production cloud infrastructure at scale (AWS/GCP)
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux networking and operating system
- Appreciation of security, cloud networking and SDLC related technologies, eg PKI, TLS, DNS, Secrets Management, Ci/CD, RBAC, Remote Access, SSO/OAUTH and DevSecOps code scanning.