Lead AWS DevOps Engineer
Posted on Nov 17, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Financial Company is currently seeking a Lead AWS DevOps Engineer. Candidate will help develop the necessary echo system (Jenkins based CI/CD, Helm charts, Terraforms, Ansible, monitoring, etc.) that will be required to migrate public cloud native Risk Framework to an on-prem production environment.
- Kubernetes & Helm
- Jenkins & Jenkins Pipelines
- AWS (basic knowledge, Associate level)
- Terraform, Ansible
- Monitoring: Splunk, ElasticSearch, Prometheus, AppDynamics, SignalFX, Logic Monitor
- Projects: Major cloud migration
- This person should be conversant with various cloud (specifically AWS) technologies to help us in developing equivalent services using cloud neutral vendor products.
- Should have proven experience in running project with few DevOps engineers.
- Actively participates and lead requirement analysis and reviews to identify missing or incomplete requirements.
- Follows agreed upon SDLC procedures to ensure that all information system products and services meet both explicit and implicit quality standards, end-user functional requirements, architectural standards, performance requirements, audit requirements, security rules are upheld, and external facing reporting is properly represented.
- Assists Production Support by providing advice on system functionality and fixes as required
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner all time delays or defects in the software immediately to appropriate team members and management
- Assist with departmental and new employee training
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- 10+ years of experience in building large scale, data-centric solutions. Out of which most recent 3 years must have been spent in running a DevOps team or DevOps Projects.
- Some understanding of Java language is preferred.
- Experience with high-speed distributed computing frameworks AWS EMR, Hadoop, HDFS, S3, MapReduce, Apache Spark, Apache Hive, Kafka Streams, Apache Flink etc.
- Experience with distributed message brokers Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Amazon Kinesis, etc.
- Experience with cloud technologies and migrations. Experience preferred with AWS foundational services like VPCs, Security groups, EC2, RDS, S3 ACLs, KMS, AWS CLI and IAM etc.
- Expert knowledge of DevOps tools. Eg Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven/Gradle, Nexus/Artifactory and CI/CD pipeline etc.
- Experience developing and delivering technical solutions using public cloud service providers like Amazon, Google, etc.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field or equivalent experience
- OCP Java SE 8 Programmer Certification is a plus
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate to Senior level is plus