DevOps CI/CD Engineer
Posted on Nov 17, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Financial Company is currently seeking a DevOps CI/CD Engineer. Candidate will join a team responsible for building automated deployment (CD) pipelines for application releases. The goal of the team is to provides one path to production via automated build and deploy pipelines integrated with security and key controls across a large, complex
- Collaborate with development, platform automation and security teams to create and continuously improve a simple to use standardized repeatable automated application pipeline that includes testing, security and automated deployment to development and QA environments.
- Develop deployment automation for infrastructure and application releases, including rollback capabilities
- Develop the programs, scripts and tools required to provision, configure and monitor AWS infrastructure and its applications.
- Troubleshoot environments as problems arise, test fixes, and perform follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Collaborate with development, platform automation, security teams & senior IT management to create DevOps health reporting, metrics, and dashboards.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- 6+ years software development experience, with at least 3 years in DevOps and Application development
- Python programming experience required, strong hands on experience writing code unit/integration tests with adherence to development standards and best practices
- Hands on experience with DevOps tools
- GitHub (branching strategies, peer reviews)
- Jenkins (building CI/CD pipelines for multi-application reusability)
- Terraform/ansible (provisioning & configuration management of applications/AWS resources)
- Experience in following technologies
- Kubernetes & Helm
- Hashicorp Vault
- Docker (containerize applications & best practices)
- Harness is a plus
- Knowledge of 3 musketeers pattern (make, docker and compose)
- Bachelor's or Master's Degrees in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Relevant industry certifications such as AWS Solutions Architect Associate or similar are a plus.