Senior Building Surveyor
Posted on Feb 1, 2019 by Anonymous
An award winning, multi-disciplinary property and construction consultancy.
You'll want this job if:
• You have a passion for developing yourself and others.
• You have excellent attention to detail.
• You enjoy working with external stakeholders of all levels.
• You have a client focused approach with the ability to identify client benefits.
• You're a strong believer in inter-departmental collaboration.
• You have a natural curiosity to seek out and deliver better working practices and efficiency initiates.
What the job involves?
• You'll be managing instructions and projects.
• You'll be responsible for collating and writing reports.
• You'll be managing and mentoring junior team members.
• You'll be contributing to the team's skill base developing efficient working practices.
• You'll be collaborating and managing external stakeholders in order to understand and fulfil the client's needs.
• You'll be managing client projects and looking for opportunities for new client development.
• You'll be producing tender documents including specifications, preambles and preliminaries using NBS or similar packages.
• You'll be proactive in identifying risks with robust mitigation strategies.
• You'll be producing management reports and communicating progress and forecasts to the client team, including all pre and post contract management duties.
• You'll be attending sites, as well as internal and external client facing meetings.
• You'll be aware of and keep up to date with relevant legislation which affects the properties managed by our clients.
• Assisting in promoting sustainable thinking to our clients and have a basic level of understanding as to how to integrate sustainable thinking into our projects
What do I need in order to do this job?
• You are a fully Chartered Building Surveyor (MRICS), with a minimum of two years post qualification experience OR;
You have a Building Surveying degree awarded by a UK university accredited by the RICS.
• You have experience of dilapidations, for both tenants and landlords.
• You have demonstrable experience of technical due diligence surveys.
• You have a solid understanding and demonstrable experience in defect diagnosis and planned maintenance schedules.
• You'll have demonstrable experience in party wall and neighbourly advice.
• You have demonstrable experience of writing building condition reports and schedules of condition.
• You have a solid understanding and demonstrable experience of building reinstatement cost assessments.
• You have demonstrable experience of advising owners and occupiers on maintenance and statutory responsibilities.
• A solid understanding of contract administration.
• You are proficient in AutoCAD with a good working knowledge in all Microsoft Office packages.
• You have a full clean driving license