Posted on Feb 1, 2019 by London Property Ventures
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Operations Manager to manage our construction company London Property Ventures Construction Ltd (LPVc) in London, working on range of small-medium sized residential projects. LPVc is currently running 6 development sites in and across London.
Job Title: Operations Manager
Reports to: Chairman
Job Purpose: To manage the operations of the whole construction team, work alongside the Construction Manager and co-ordinate with the project managers and architects. To provide a quality product efficiently, safely and professionally; within set budgets and agreed timescales.
1. Management of the Business
· Work effectively as part of the senior management team and take a "whole company" perspective to managing issues.
· The job holder has responsibility for the operational management of the company; including the general running of the company, setting budgets, minimising risks, maximising opportunities, achieving the company's targets; and seeking to positively influence the progression and growth of the company.
2. Management of the Department
· Responsible for working with the Construction Manager to effectively manage the Construction teams to ensure best practices are followed, costs are controlled and the team is run efficiently.
3. Project Planning
· Liaise with Directors and Architects and agree direction of build and manage and forecast build programmes.
· Identify critical path issues such as services and put plans in place to meet key dates.
· Identify in advance a schedule of information required to meet the build programme and circulate as necessary.
4. Build Programme
· In conjunction with site managers and Architects, produce build programmes and monitor and review to ensure adherence to programmes.
· Liaise and appoint suitable sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure adequate resources and expertise to achieve required quality within agreed timescales.
5. Build Quality
· Liaise with Construction Manager to monitor and inspect developments regularly to ensure that all quality control procedures are being adhered to and that the highest standards of build are being achieved and reflected in good NHBC Audit results.
· Visit each site at least once a week.
6. Build Costs
· Liaise with the Heads of Operations and Finance to ensure site and build costs are being controlled within budget. Attend all cost value comparison meetings to review costs and take necessary action to rectify variances.
· Review all extra over costs and variation orders to minimise cost whilst ensuring programme and quality is achieved.
· Ensure the right quantity and calibre of staff are recruited; and in accordance with company policy and procedures.
· Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop, appraise and performance manage staff to ensure they are fully motivated to achieve best performance to meet the company's needs.
· Ensure the team runs in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures.
· Ensure that poor performance is not tolerated and is remedied via support, training or disciplinary action as appropriate.
· Recognise and encourage excellent performance.
8. Health & Safety
· Comply with responsibilities set out within the Companies policy in order to ensure a safe working environment for employed, subcontractors and members of the public.
· Ensure compliance with the same, throughout the Department.
· Review specific training needs with the Health & Safety Manager and ensure appropriate training throughout the site managers.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 depending on experience.
- Construction: 10 years
- Construction Project Management: 5+years
UK Driving Licence