Posted on Nov 15, 2022 by ESSCO
ESSCO is a nationwide wholesale distributor of floor care products and parts. To help us in our growth strategy, we are searching for an energetic person to fill the position of Staff Accountant. The successful candidate will play an integral part in the accounting department and will support our 80 plus employees operating in 3 states. The position will be located at the corporate headquarters in Twinsburg, Ohio and will report to the Controller.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Participate in the monthly closing of the company's books.
- Prepare and make entries to general ledger accounts.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts to supporting details and investigate discrepancies.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and other management reports.
- Perform analysis of financial records to verify accuracy, solve problems, and generate/implement recommendations.
- Prepare sales tax and other non-income tax related returns and filings.
- Assist external accountants in completing annual audit.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Perform inventory audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 or 2 accounting internships required if right out of college. One to three years of experience in accounting a plus.
- Detail oriented with strong analysis skills.
- Strong MS Excel skills required.
- Competent knowledge of GAAP accounting.
- Ability to analyze processes and recommend/implement improvements.
- BSBA in Accounting with a 3.25 GPA or better.
- Positive attitude with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Long hours of sitting in a chair and using a computer. Job will require occasional weekend and/or evening work, infrequent travel, and willingness to work a flexible schedule.