Event's Organiser Hybrid
Posted on Nov 14, 2022 by MP Recruitment Group
Main Purpose of Role:
To plan, organise and oversee the development and delivery of the events ensuring a smooth and successful delivery of the events within budget. i
- Research and develop programme content which aligns to the strategy as agreed with the
- Board and Senior Leadership Team. Developing an event that delivers against the objectives and budget as set out in the event brief.
- Liaison with the appropriate internal teams for each event to ensure the successful delivery.
- Creating attractive sponsorship packages that deliver value to potential sponsors and advertisers at each event.
- Liaising with external stakeholders and suppliers to obtain quotes and turnaround times for design work, print costs, mailing services, AV support and any other required services.
- Continued analysis of costs, making recommendations for the best suppliers to use.
- Liaising with appropriate venues and specialist suppliers to negotiate costs and agree contracts, ensuring terms and conditions can be adhered to and payments are made within the set timeframes
- Liaising with our marketing and communications team to ensure events are promoted to the
- right audience across a range of media
- Acting as the first point of contact for all events enquiries, ensuring all correspondence is managed effectively, professionally and in a timely manner
- Processing all event bookings, ensuring delegate information is complete and accurate.
- Ensuring all event information is kept up to date and that all activity for each event is recorded in the relevant database
- Proven experience in conference and/or events management
- Effective written, verbal and electronic communication and influencing skills
- Strong administrative, organisational and time management skills
- An eye for detail with the ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and within a small team supporting multiple events concurrently
- Excellent IT literacy, with demonstrable knowledge of MS Office including Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent
- Prepared to travel for external meetings and conferences, which may involve overnight stays, with a willingness to be flexible on hours, when necessary
- Full UK Driving Licence
Benefits and Hours
- Full time 35 hours a week, 3 days home working and 2 days in Office
- Excellent for managing work and our lives away from it with core business hours of 10 00 and an office open from 08 30.
- 23 days annual leave, increasing to 25 days after 3 years and the option to purchase more
- 4% employee / 5% employer pension
- 3 x salary life assurance
- A health cash plan
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.