Posted on Feb 1, 2019 by Hays
My client, an established private sector business located in Norwich, are looking to recruit an experienced HR Officer to join their team on a 12 month fixed term contract. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a busy team and add value within a generalist-style role. This position is for 12 months initially however has the potential to permanent.
Reporting to HR Manager, you will provide generalist support across the business whilst working closely with the HR Officer and HR Administrator. Key responsibilities will include:
* Advising line managers on best practice and HR policies/procedures
* Assisting in recruitment and on-boarding new members of staff, whilst ensuring company recruitment processes are adhered to
* Monitoring staff sickness, absence etc for regular reports
* Conducting interviews, inductions and exit interviews
* Managing employee relations including disciplinaries and grievances
* Performance management and appraisals
* Advising on coaching and development for staff
In order to be considered for this role, you will be a seasoned HR practitioner with strong generalist knowledge and a good understanding of UK employment law. Proven HR experience is essential alongside previous use of HR IT systems. You will also need to be CIPD part-qualified and hold a valid UK driving license and your own vehicle.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.