Senior Oracle DBA
Posted on Nov 11, 2022 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent Full time role*
*This is a hybrid position, 3 days remote, 2 days onsite*
A prestigious company is on the search for a SR. Oracle DBA. This is a Full time role and is in Houston, TX. This DBA will be focusing on supporting (VLB) Very large database leveraging (Oracle partitioning for data management is a plus). They will be working with at least Oracle 10g or higher and have experience with Oracle Data Replication, PL/SQL programming, Korn Shell programming, Oracle RAC, Data Guard.
- Resolves complex or ambiguous database issues.
- Analyzes, designs, creates and implements complex database applications in all environments.
- Administers, supports, maintains, optimizes, and monitors complicated database applications in all environments.
- Plans, installs, and maintains complex DBMS binaries, patches and bug fixes. Designs, tests, and implements specific database structural changes.
- Implements standard configurations and tools to enable back up operations, analysing of objects, and cleaning of file systems and logs
- Supports high availability database infrastructure including Oracle RAC and Data Guard technology.
- Performs database Backup and Recovery in support of business continuity
- Manages database performance and capacity, provides plans for increases and/or decreases, ensures improvements are successfully implemented and makes tuning adjustments as necessary. Coordinates with users to determine requirements.
- Design and enforces Best Practices and DB Standards as per industry standards.
- Investigates and resolves difficult and advanced database application problems.
- Contributes to specification meeting with project team to determine scope and limitations of projects.
- Maintains database schemas and data documentation.
- Participates in on-call rotation and provide first line after hours support as needed.
- Required: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar area of study. Five (5) years of previous experience required. An additional four (4) years of related experience may substitute for the Bachelors degree.
- Preferred: Bachelors Degree and at least five (5) years experience in database analysis, design, and maintenance or working with an Oracle server.
- Unix and Linux Operating Systems.
- Supporting (VLB) Very large database leveraging (Oracle partitioning for data management is a plus).
- Understands infrastructure elements including performance and tuning considerations.
- Working knowledge of Shell Scripting for various operating systems.
- Backup and recovery experience.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery plans to ensure business continuity.
- Understanding of TCP/IP Networking environments
- Oracle 10g or higher.
- Experienced with building and support Real Application Clustering on Linux platform.
- Configuring and supporting Standby and Data Guard technology.
- Experience in negotiating issues to resolution.
- Oracle Data Replication, PL/SQL programming, Korn Shell programming, Oracle RAC, Data Guard.