Principal Tableau Data Analytics Engineer
Posted on Nov 10, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Financial Company is currently seeking a Principal Tableau Data Analytics Engineer. Candidate will be responsible for designing, delivering, and administering scalable and resilient hybrid and Cloud-based data and reporting solutions supporting critical financial market clearing and risk activities; helping to drive the strategy of transforming the enterprise into a data-driven organization; lead through innovative strategic thinking in building data and reporting solutions.
Be part of the Data team, a diverse group of dedicated engineers who are very passionate about data. As a Data team member, you will be responsible for crafting, building, and administering cloud-based data and reporting solutions that will serve as the backbone for the enterprise data management and analytics capabilities. You will join the core reporting team responsible for the design, development, and implementation. You will work closely with internal and external business and technology partners. You will help us take on unique technical challenges associated with handling large datasets and managing data in public cloud and hybrid environments and integrate data coming from diverse sources in different formats. You will have a rare and challenging opportunity to apply your technical skills, knowledge, experience, and acquire new skills and grow with us.
- Ability to maintain Tableau server and reports for ease of use, high availability, and fault tolerance.
- Ability to maintain Alteryx server and workflows for ease of use, high availability, and fault tolerance.
- Experience monitoring Tableau & Alteryx Servers to ensure reliability and efficiency
- Troubleshooting experience with Tableau & Alteryx logs for root cause analysis
- Capable of providing break-fix solutions for Tableau and Alteryx content.
- System Administration (Includes Sites, Server maintenance/Upgrades/patches)
- Experience publishing dashboards/reports, workflows, and input service credentials for stakeholders
- Proficiency with TABCMD, TSM and Alteryx command line
- Capable of using REST API and API data pulls from both Tableau & Alteryx to analyze server metadata.
- Experience training Tableau users in best practices in data access and dashboard design.
- Ability to train developers on multiple tools for data preparation and best practices in data preparation.
- Experience documenting server assets like workflows and workbooks and Macros
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 5+ years of combined hands-on Experience working on Tableau or equivalent, including administration role.
- 3+ years of experience with development of reports using other BI products.
- 2+ years for experience in ETL and business analytics with Alteryx or equivalent tool.
- Ability to design and construct foundation and implement a long-term strategy for Tableau & Alteryx platform.
- Experience with designing and developing enterprise-wide dashboards and reporting solution with Tableau and Alteryx tools.
- Deep knowledge of BI tools features and functions.
- Data integration of Tableau & Alteryx with DB2 or other relational or non-relational databases.
- Experience in rolling out Tableau as self-service tool for users.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, data warehousing concepts, various data management systems
- Scripting knowledge using Shell Scripting, Python, or equivalent
- Understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC) in Waterfall, Lean, and Agile work environment.
- Technical writing and documentation skills
- Knowledge and understanding of a cloud ecosystem (AWS, Azure, GCP) is a plus
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery concepts and tools is a plus.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge and/or certification in AWS a strong plus