Consumer Lending - Process Excellence, Lean/Six Sigma Associate - Salt
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Goldman Sachs USA
Consumer and Commercial Banking brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their personal financial goals. We make direct investments in, and risk manage, a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. And we help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital.
Digital Finance Description
Digital Finance, a business unit within CCBD, is comprised of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses, which include the Marcus deposits and lending businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 149-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Your Impact
Provides expert level input into process design, user experience, and change management to ensure business goals are met and operational excellence is achieved. From day one, team members play a vital role in upholding the three Operations principles of client focus, process innovation, and risk management.
- Be an owner of the process and controls environment for consumer lending
- Design process solutions using Lean and Six Sigma principles
- Lead the effort to automate processes and eliminate friction in lending
- Provide thought leadership and expert guidance to create a robust controls environment ensuring the highest standards of consumer protection
- Work with senior leaders across teams, departments, and divisions to implement process change, improvement, and design
- Survey emerging technologies and lead "test and learn" efforts to determine which digital utilities or work methods should be implemented
- Continuously improve all customer and management processes including onboarding, servicing, and collections activities
- Be a leader of operational process excellence and ownership initiative
- Six plus years working in process excellence
- Financial Services or Delivery Center experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent military experience
- Experience using Lean and Six Sigma
- Knowledge of stand processing engineering tools (e.g., Signavio)
- Results and delivery orientation, as indicated by progressively larger project and process responsibilities
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment
- Experience in program management for organizational process standards
- Strong quantitative skills, as indicated by past analytical or model building roles
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance aspects with government guidance and requirements
- Experience in collections activities
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Lean Certification
- Master's Degree
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Consumer Lending - Process Excellence, Lean/Six Sigma Associate - Salt Lake City, UT/Richardson, TX