Curtain Wall Project Manager
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Singh & Jones Ltd
Singh & Jones are working with a reputable Curtain Wall Contractor based in West London. A client who have a strong reputation in the industry and a long history in delivering on Curtain Wall and Unitzed projects since the 80s. A contractor who turnover £25m and are set to expand their operation. My client works on projects ranging up to £20m, but have a small works division, who deliver Curtain Wall projects up to £5m. The established team are going through growth and are keen to recruit experienced Site Manager ready to step into a Project Manager role.
The role is unique and will give the right candidate to work on some of the prestigious construction projects in the UK, with projects largely based around the London area.
The role will be reporting directly to the Small Works Director and accountable for;
* Setting clear performance targets for the Site team.
* Understanding the bigger picture of securing future projects, through the quality of existing work
* As a Project Manager, the candidate is expected to manage a number of contracts at any one time.
* Effective management of the full process including tender wins, changes, extensions of contracts, performance issue's and dispute prevention
* Working cross functionally to challenge the pricing and cost functions
* Ensuring that the manufacturing process runs on time and material is delivered in time for a site to go live, as well as making sure that all financial and operational commitments are met accordingly
* Keeping up to date with Health & Safety procedures onsite
* Understanding and pre planning of issues that may arise on site, in order to navigate them more effectively
* Mentoring Site team and ensuring sub-contractors are paid on time
* Attending weekly and monthly project review meetings
* Managing individual team performances and motivating site teams
* Preparing final accounts, profit cash flow and chasing any outstanding invoices due
* Handover of projects to the client
The role will suit a hands on Project Manager or a Site Manager looking for the next step in his/her career as well as having a valid SMSTS Card, CSCS Card along with the additional tickets. Being able to work under pressure and being able to manage the smooth running of live projects is fundamental. Strong communications and team ethic is something that my client strongly believes in and is a must for this role. Having a detailed background in Curtain Wall and Façade related projects on a commercial basis is a must. Schuco and Reynaers installation experience in highly beneficial for this role.
In return, my client will offer a strong base salary up to £55,000 plus £5000 Car Allowance and benefits such as 3% Pension Scheme, healthcare plan, subsidised Pure Gym Membership, Ride to work scheme and a company bonus scheme