Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Brite Services
We are recruiting immediately for a large and growing electronics / photonics business based in a state of the art facility in Torquay.
With appointments on a 'temporary-to-permanent' basis, you will spend the first several weeks of assignment undergoing product-specific training. Advancement is reviewed on a quarterly basis and benefits applied upon permanent appointment include extended holiday allowance and pension provision.
The Production Operator will focus on the detailed manufacture of high quality fibre-optic modules for cutting-edge technological uses including: signal transmission and amplification, motion detection, security, high volume production lines and medical instruments.
- Manual assembly of components - highly detailed, use of hand tools
- Producing a high volume of items to specifications
- Reading and understanding technical build instructions
- Working in a clean room environment
- Working methodically and efficiently while minimising wastage
Skills and Experience
- Good dexterity
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, ideally working with small components
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- A good work ethic and a desire to grasp training opportunities
- Well organized, an ability to work to deadlines while maintaining standards
Working Monday to Friday with a variety of shifts, the earlier shifts start from 6:00am and the later shifts finish at 10:00pm (shift premium applicable - £8.49/ £9.31).
Local parking is available but due to lack of parking on site, travelling by bike, bus or on foot is ideal.