ENGINEERING PLANNING MANAGER
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Clear Edge Search & Selection Ltd.
Engineering Planning Manager
Location: West Bromwich
As one of the leading Food Manufacturers across the UK, this company have multiple sites, producing a range of products for the retail sector. West Bromwich is one of the company's largest sites, manufacturing products across 4 plants. We are looking for an Engineering Planning Manager, ideally someone from either an Engineering, or Planning background.
In this role you will support the engineering department in day to day planning of engineering requirements. You will be responsible for managing all engineering health & safety, risk audits, implementing the engineering safety plan, and be involved in site safety forum.
You will manage the Engineering budget, keep the engineering schedule up to date, and ensure all activities are reported. This will also involve ensuring compliance is achieved, to ensure optimum plant performance.
This role would be mostly suited to anyone with a strong engineering background who is keen to move into planning. We would also consider Production Planners without an engineering background.
What You Will Bring to The Team:
- Minimum HNC, City and Guilds or equivalent
- Understanding of the requirements of Health and Safety Regulations/Legislation directly relating to engineering
- A good understanding of engineering purchasing with an understanding of P&L
- Project engineering and strong PC Literacy to include Microsoft Office
- Analytical approach to problem solving and numerate
- The ability to take a logical approach to decision making
- Experience in a Multi Skilled Engineering function
- Experience working in the Food industry, or FMCG.
- Project Engineering to include aspects of lean manufacturing