Project Manager Utilities
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Bromak Ltd
A young and dynamic contractor require an experienced Project Manager with experience in Utilities to join their growing team.
Working on projects across the North West of England on a mix of Commercial, Educational, Industrial and Residential works.
Salary on offer of £50,000+ plus package
A building services specialist, experienced in providing a range of utility works for a wide range of clients.
With in-house design and delivery teams, this growing company can offer full design, supply, installation and maintenance of substations, smart grids, water, district heating, electricity peaking plants and grid balancing equipment and systems.
You will be requested to work on projects across the North West of England.
Duties & Responsibilities
The role requires you to report directly to the Operations Manager on all matters relating to the day to day running of the developments. Taking full responsibility for the required standards of Health and Safety, protection of works, presentation and quality of the product on site.
To work on the agreed build programme and financial parameters set by the Operations Manager for the particular development.
Your duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:-
- Ensuring that Company Health & Safety Policies and procedures are strictly adhered to and work closely with Health & Safety Managers and Operations Teams.
- Maintaining up-to-date Health & Safety records.
- Ensuring all Environmental and Waste Management Policies are adhered to.
- Ensure that all staff, sub-contractors and visitors to the site are appropriately inducted.
- Fully co-operate with the Company's Customer Care Policy.
- Ensure all directly employed personnel and sub-contractors work within the required specification and adhere to Company Policies.
- Ensure that procedures and controls laid down by the Company are fully implemented by the site personnel.
- Motivating, supporting and managing site staff. Provide training, coaching, appraisal and support as required to improve the performance of directly employed site staff.
- Ensuring site presentation is maintained at the correct standard at all times.
- Take ownership of agreed build programmes at pre-start meetings and accept and check the full build package handed over at this meeting by the Company.
- Delivering all aspects of production requirements in strict accordance with relevant technical and planning documentation provided and any subsequent instructions that may be necessary from time to time.
- Fully conform to building regulations and warranty providers' requirements (NICEIC, Gas Safe, NHBC, LABC Services and the like).
- Ensuring cost effective production in line with development budgets by ensuring that the work undertaken is in full accordance with the cost provision allocated and as confirmed in cost valuations.
- Organising regular site production meetings and pre-plan and ensure efficient usage of all resources, including application of quality supervision and communication regime of labour, sub-contractors, plant and materials.
- Ensure that anything which is likely to affect the Company's performance is notified to the Operations Manager immediately.
- Ensure accurate production/progress returns are updated and sent to the Operations Manager in accordance with Company Policy.
- Attending weekly Operational Meeting with the Operations Manager to give updates on H&S and program.
- Ensure site security and good practice is maintained at all times.
- Ensure sensible level of stock control in accordance with build requirements.
- Ensure the quality of finished product accords with Company and warranty provider expectations.
- Ensure all site administration is carried out in accordance with divisional Head Office requirements.
- Always represent the company professionally in both personal appearance and conduct.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks in accordance with operational needs as requested by your managers.
To qualify for this role you will require the following:-
- Strong project management expertise (including 5 years multi utility knowledge and site experience)
- Up-to-date knowledge of H&S and Safety obligations and building legislation
- CSCS Card
- CITB SMSTS Certificate
- First Aid at Work
- Full UK Driving Licence
In return for your skills the company is looking to pay a basic salary of £50,000 plus company package including car allowance.
Candidates with utility experience as a Site Manager will also be considered for this role.
If you are looking for a new opportunity and this role is of interest, please apply via the link below.