Technical Support and Project Management
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Parkside Accounting and Finance
Technical Support & Project Manager (BSC or Equivalent in Electrical engineering)
Salary - £30 - £35k
Our Milton Keynes based client are looking to fill a full time position for Field Applications / Technical Support Engineer although the base office is in Milton Keynes you would be supporting their European operations and other data centres around the world.
The ideal candidate will have a BSc (or equivalent) in electrical engineering and 3 years' experience supporting and installing high technology products. He/she will be comfortable communicating and working with a large cross section of cultures and technical skill sets. This is a hands on position involving work in our office in Milton Keynes and on customer sites in the UK and Europe.
The position will blend technical competency and high-self motivation with a people-centric mind-set.
This is a full-time position and involves the supervision of installations and fault finding on site so some travel and time away from home is to be expected. This position reports to the General Manager in the UK with technical guidance provided by the Technical Support Supervisor based in North Carolina, USA.
Duties and Responsibilities
Once trained (initial training may take place in the USA) the individual will be able to:
- Answer technical questions relating to the product and its accessories and derivatives. These questions may be by telephone, e-mail, or otherwise.
- Continuously explore the use and support of the product line, and document improvements and product features.
- Present a highly technically proficient face for the entire company to the installer and user base that you come into contact with.
- Provide technical support internally to functions within the company.
- Carrying out technical validation work, software testing and translations for the company.
- Processing RMAs from Europe, working with the Operations Manager in the US.
- Lead regular training classes for both installers and end-users.
- Expected to travel and be involved in customer on-site troubleshooting, problem mitigation and resolution.
- Coordinate projects for the UK based installation & service team including managing scheduling conflicts and the submission of risk assessments and method statements.
- Quoting customers for service contracts and managing the service function.
- Health and Safety compliance for both the UK office and at customers' sites.
Qualifications and Experience Guideline
- Must be able to travel internationally (mostly Europe and occasionally USA), hold a valid passport and a UK driving license.
- Basic knowledge of electronics with an understanding of electrical circuits and diagrams
- 3 years' experience installing and fault finding high tech electronic products
- Fluent in Microsoft Windows settings and configurations
- Ability and patience to troubleshoot systems and configurations when far away, over bad phone connections where the caller's English may be a poor second language
- Highly capable Microsoft Office user (Word, Excel, primarily).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, meticulous and patient individual with a strong technical background who is comfortable communicating with others in either a training class environment on in telephone support.
- French language skills would be an advantage.
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your CV and application for this role will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. However, to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and check out our vacancy page on our website.
Smart Moves Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.