Associate Mechanical Engineer
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Anonymous
Associate Mechanical Engineer - Building Services
My client is a multi-disciplinary Building Services consultancy, specialising in the design of air conditioning, mechanical, electrical, public health, life safety and communications systems. With a focus on major fit-out, new-build, and refurbishment projects within the hotel, commercial, retail, leisure, banking, diplomatic, residential and restaurant sectors.
Their approach is to provide the industry with a Practice dedicated to the provision of practical, coordinated designs, methods and solutions coupled with a high-level of personal service.
They provide consultancy services for the following key services elements: -
Full design, tender documentation and engineering support, Feasibility studies, Engineering services reviews, Condition surveys, Engineering asset registers, Equipment and installation life cycle planning and Single point of failure analysis.
As an Associate Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for the delivery of mechanical services design/work for all assigned projects.
* Oversee senior/intermediate/junior staff
* Mentor staff undertaking further education
* Ensure design procedures are followed and design files maintained.
* Carry out mechanical design work
* Review mechanical designs
* Act as Project Leader when designated
* Ensure staff work to meet time and quality targets
* Lead and liaise with CAD department on M&E drawing production and workload (anticipate resource requirements)
* Liaise with Directors and assist with ; Fee proposals, Resource requirements, Staff issues that require Director input, Need for external consultants, Monthly review of staff timesheets/project costs
* Monitor and co-ordinate holidays
* Produce basic fee payment schedules
* Encourage team working and development
* Ensure team concentration on work at hand
* Attend corporate functions as required by Directors
* Ensure compliance of work produced with statutory and legal regulations
* Ensure staff are aware of H & S requirements in relation to design
* Identify 'gaps' in staff experience/education and look to fill these gaps
* Seek new project possibilities and liaise with Directors accordingly
* Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent major
* 10 years post-graduate building services engineering experience
* Extensive UK experience in the commercial sector of building services (MEP) - hotels, offices, high-end residential etc. (survey and design)
* Experience in the management of junior/intermediate staff
* Full UK driving license
* An outgoing personality, capable of running projects with enthusiasm
* Familiarity with the London construction market and the hotel/hospitality industry
* Demonstration of fluency in verbal and written English
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please call Charlie Weeks on (phone number removed)