Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Anonymous
Location: Port Talbot
An opportunity has become available for a Facility Engineer at a major industrial gases production facility in Port Talbot. The site services both pipeline and merchant customers in South Wales. The facility engineer will join a team of engineers to provide maintenance and operational support for satellite sites in Newport / Cardiff together with an Electrical & Instrumentation resource for the Port Talbot plant.
The successful candidate will be a technically minded Facilities Engineer who demonstrates both practical competence and analytical strengths. You will also have a broad engineering and process operational background along with strong practical SHEQ knowledge including permit to work and contractor control.
The role will require specific skills in electrical and instrument engineering.
Job roles and responsibilities:
* Supervise personnel in accordance with Permit to Work (PTW) requirements and actively support the sites SHEQ goals and targets
* Plan and co-ordinate maintenance activities at main site and satellite locations to agreed company and industry standards
* Supervise, control & maintain plants in a multidisciplinary capacity to ensure all customer demands are met with minimal liquid support to meet agreed budget targets
* Monitor and improve plant reliability and plant performance
* Maintain liquid & gaseous supplies to merchant customers and tonnage supplies to pipeline customers within contractual conditions
* Inspect and check all operating plant and machinery on a regular basis. Diagnose faults on plant and machinery and provide feedback for rectification
* Start up and shutdown plant equipment where necessary
* Participate in maintaining the site on call system
* Prepare plant for maintenance and inspection as required by executing physical isolations, electrical isolations up to limit of job holder's authorisation and undertaking atmospheric gas analysis as necessary
* Operate independently without direct supervision for the majority of routine and some non-routine activities
* Selection of suitable and competent contractors to carry out maintenance activities and ongoing close supervision and management
Knowledge and Experience Required:
* NVQ level 3 (minimum). HNC (preferred) in an engineering discipline (Instrument/Electrical/Mechanical)
* Significant relevant practical experience (5+ years)
* Willingness to work outside the normal working hours as emergencies and operational needs dictate, including 24 hour callout coverage
* Good base knowledge and understanding of industry and statutory standards and codes of practice
* Detailed knowledge of Permit to Work procedures
* Good basic understanding of current Health, Safety and Environment legislation (NEBOSH certificate preferred)
* Knowledge of operating chemical and process plant equipment
* Experience and ability to provide a high standard of customer service whilst working under significant pressure
This is your chance to work for a well-established global company who will offer career progression. If you wish to apply, please send an up to date CV to Totec.
All calls/enquiries are handled with strict confidence