Customer Service Coordinator
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Anonymous
Have you ever experienced disruption to your train service and had to transfer to a replacement bus service instead or been affected by engineering works and the only way to work is the replacement bus? Well we are looking to recruit people who can make this process run as smoothly as possible and give our customers the best possible experience during a 'once-in-a-generation' engineering upgrade project to the southern end of the Brighton Main Line operated by Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR).
The work in October 2018 and February 2019 is a key part of a £300m government-funded programme to tackle delay hotspots and boost the reliability of the railway in the south east, cutting delays and providing a better, more reliable rail service to the 300,000 passengers who travel on the Brighton Main Line each day.
You will work from a variety of key train stations, providing customer service to our passengers and ensuring that this replacement service operates exactly as planned.
You will help passengers with their queries, making sure that they get onto the right bus with the minimum of inconvenience, provide good communication to all key contacts and ensure that the bus service arrives and departs on time.
Ideally, you would have worked in a customer service environment, have a basic understanding of the Railway operations, be flexible and someone who can think on their feet. You should have good written and oral communication skills.
Stations you will be covering;
Possible shift times;
* 06:00 to 15:00
* 14:45 to 00:00
* 23:00 to 06:30
You must be able to either drive, walk or cycle to each of the above station as there will be no trains.
• Attempt to ensure that passengers are on the right vehicles
• Ensure a smooth train - bus - train transition process for our passengers
• Provide information and assistance to passengers, where required
• Help maintain a safe transfer and pick up/set down area
• Communicate all problems likely to affect passengers to the relevant TOC control centre and work with the control staff to overcome any problems.
•Good communication and customer service skills
• An understanding of the basic workings of a railway operations (stations and trains)
• A basic understanding of coach/bus drivers hours' regulations (full details would be given in the controllers welcome pack)
• A realistic attitude to service provision
• Able to cope well under pressure
• A quick thinker who can make and effect changes to their operation as the businesses needs dictate
• The ability to read a timetable and map
• A reasonable knowledge of the local land geography and railway network for the location/s they are working would be an advantage but won't be essential as maps and details would be provided on a job by job basis
A little bit extra…
This work may seem like a short project at first, however it is also an amazing chance to be a part of the UK's largest rail replace blockade, there will lots of media coverage, plenty of incentives, referral bonuses and once completed the option to attend one of our amazing training courses to further your career in the railway. We pay for all training all we ask from you is that you turn up every day and to try your very best every day.
Also please follow the below link to get some more information as to why we need you!
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants
We Are SSG
Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
Ideal Personnel and Recruitment Solutions
Impact Recruitment Ltd