Controls Manager - Mining
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Anonymous
POSITION: Controls Engineer
REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION
The primary role of the Controls Engineer is to provide the necessary technical support for shaft construction activities. This will include SCADA and PLC programming, design verification, engineering coordination, procurement support, reporting and planning functions.
The Controls Engineer will demonstrate core values of: Zero Harm, Teamwork, Results Driven, Courage and Accountability.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop electrical and controls system design solutions based on engineering principles
• Provide technical support to construction and procurement groups
• Resolve operational problems related to instrumentation and control systems
• Integrate communications into the PLC such as Profibus, Modbus, Ethernet IP and Devicenet
• The production of paperwork for each project including I/O (Input/Output) schedules, function design specs, test documentation
• Commissioning control systems on site including the control panel and the setting up of any drives and instrumentation
• Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for all work completed.
• Prepare drawing packages, reports and design-build verification
• Provide electrical crews assistance with layout and drawing interpretation
• Advise supervision of any remedial work which may be necessary to bring installations into compliance with project specifications
• Support supervision and crews to promote safe working conditions and to work in accordance with the site rules
• Provide updated as built and planning drawings to all required parties, as required
• Participate in accident / incident investigations as directed by supervision / safety department
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Must have experience in PLC Programming/SCADA Confirming
• Must possess experience with AutoCAD, Excel and Word
• Experience with the development of PLC/HMI programs from PLC manufacturers such as Siemens and Allen Bradley
• Preference given to experience with Underground Mining infrastructure including Winders and mine shaft sensors, controls and limits
• Ability to work on your own and manage projects/ work
• Electrical Engineering Degree or similar is required
• The successful management of projects from start to completion
• Other project work as and when required.
Please note: We are happy to discuss more details only with candidates with the right to work in the United Kingdom
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age