IT Project Services Manager
Posted on Jan 31, 2019 by Fresh Recruitment
Our client, a leading IT services provider are looking to recruit a Project Services Manager to plan and manage the resources for all aspects of project services work - this would include pricing and project management of projects such as build, hangering, delivery, storage, logistics, cabling and installation. This role will be responsible for planning resources to ensure that the projects are delivered on time, to budget and with sufficient margin for the business and to the customer's satisfaction.
Main Tasks and Objectives
- Project Management - The main responsibility of the position is to plan cabling and equipment installation projects at customer sites to ensure full functionality according to the specifications. The person will co-ordinate the site meetings throughout the life of the project, in order to ensure that the project milestones are met through to conclusion. The person will also manage all resources including suppliers throughout the project.
- Pricing - The PSM will price the projects based on the information provided to them via a proforma document, scope of work(s) or adhoc work request. The PSM will agree pricing for projects with the head of project service and report progress throughout the calendar month.
- Liaison with Customers - The PSM will be responsible for always working in a professional and courteous manner, liaising with the customers to ensure open communication channels in both directions, meeting the needs of the customer and following any issues which arise during the life of the project through to conclusion and keeping the customer informed at all times. An important part of the role is to negotiate with the customer; supporting the business development manager in selling the services of the Company.
- Resource Management - The PSM is responsible for planning, allocating and controlling the project resources; this could be in the form of specialist equipment, sub-contractors, suppliers etc. The PSM's role will encompass overall responsibility for all project activities to ensure that the project is completed in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Human Resources - The PSM is responsible for the day to day management of the sub-contract engineers allocated to the project in terms of technical support and any other support required during the life of the project through to its conclusion.
- Equipment - The PSM will select and purchase all the necessary equipment from suppliers and arrange delivery to site to meet the needs of each project in a timely and effective way.
- Health and Safety - The PSM is responsible for ensuring all project engineers adhere to the Company's health and safety policy whilst carrying out works on behalf of the Company and to ensure that anyone working on the projects, on behalf of the Company, is aware how to raise any health and safety concern.
- Documentation - The PSM will be responsible for completing all the necessary documentation accurately in accordance with Company procedures throughout the life of each project.
- Liaison with Senior Management - The PSM must liaise with senior management on issues that affect the performance and budgetary requirements of the organisation.
- Other duties - The PSM will undertake any other duties requested from time to time by the management team.
Key skills required
- Commercial awareness
- Effective communication skills - both verbal and written - able to communicate at all levels internally and externally and able to maintain rapport with customers
- Planning and organization ability
- Ability to think logically and clearly, able to make decisions and use their own judgement to reach the best conclusion(s) available during the life of the project(s)
- Able to handle pressure and conflicting priorities and still be able to maintain a professional approach at all times - be able to diffuse any difficult situations
- High level of computer literacy including project management software
- Ability to analyse data
- Prince 2 qualified or similar qualification or qualified by experience
- Possess experience in EPOS or IT roll outs in excess of £500k
- Experience of managing various projects at the same time
- Experience of meeting customers face to face, ideally customers at all levels of an organisation
- Experience of managing 3rd party contractors and able to support engineers as required during the life of a project