Posted on Nov 8, 2022 by Virgin Hotels
Why work for Virgin Hotels?
Because it is fun of course - if that isn't quite enough (of course it isn't!) this is what else we have to offer you:
- 28 days annual leave
- Paid overtime for every hour if you work above your contracted hours!
- An extra day off for your birthday!
- Generous family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave packages
- Teammate accommodation and food and beverage discount rates
- Shopping and Lifestyle discount app
- Uniform provided
- Apprenticeship opportunities - get a qualification whilst you work
- 4 x your salary life assurance policy
- Free overnight stay once you pass your "settling in period"
- Company sick pay
- Employee Assistance Program and access to Counselling support
- Borrow my doggy dog care teammate app
Delivering outstanding, timely, efficient, knowledgeable, warm, and truly remarkable service. Listen, record, communicate and deliver food & beverage items based on requests, guest history and preferences. Be enthusiastic and use your talents to share our experience with our guests and teammates.
What exactly you will be doing
In helping you understand your role in working for a progressive, environmentally conscious, world-class organisation, the following is a list of your essential job responsibilities. Please keep in mind that this list is not all-inclusive and that you may be asked to perform other job tasks if needed.
- Be a pro in beverage knowledge and service procedures including classic cocktails, wine, beer and health and safety procedures.
- Prepare all range of drinks including cocktails while keeping bar area net and organized.
- Make sure that drink service run in timely manner and report any issues to shift manager
- Use excellent communication skills with guests and staff including verbal and body language
- Make sure that daily duties are completed to satisfaction, including stocking of bars, opening/closing down and cleaning procedures
- Execute fabulous guest service and lead by example
- Enthusiastically describe details of beverages, always ready to make recommendations
- Be involved in staff trainings, including floor staff
- Be a team player
- Current, legal, and unrestricted ability to work in the UK
- Preferred: 1 year experience in a full-service bar