Senior Software Developer - (SC Cleared)
Posted on Nov 7, 2022 by ARM (Advanced Resource Managers)
Location: Hybrid Birmingham, United Kingdom
The role will be responsible for the development of high-profile projects of national significance, identifying new tools and techniques, and more effective ways of working and building the overall capability of the software community. The remit may also include horizon scanning how software engineering can contribute to the wider development of security testing.
Technical skill and knowledge required:
* Responsible for the full software development life cycle of bespoke tooling.
* Designing and implementing APIs, services and user interfaces.
* Adopt a test-driven approach to software development.
* Build automated, fault-tolerant, scalable products and solutions that are continuously delivered into our production environment.
* Leverage your experience and skills to assist teams in establishing the best architecture for products and services.
* Communicate with stakeholders, gather their requirements and obtain feedback.
* Provide technical expertise on software development across teams in the.
* Experience in developing CLI and web applications using modern interpreted and compiled programming languages, debugging & troubleshooting, IDE & OS Basics, test driven development, clean code & refactoring, version control, CI/CD, alerting & monitoring, Functional & Non-Functional Testing.
* Understanding of database technologies and database architecture.
* Understanding of containerisation & networking basics, and solution architecture.
* Understanding of cloud services.
* Experience of developing using a test-driven development approach.
To work in this role, you will need to have an SC clearance with no restrictions, or you must have the ability to obtain an SC clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.